Sparinvest was founded as the first mutual fund in Denmark in 1968 and since then Sparinvest has evolved into an international asset management company. Today Sparinvest has a total capital of approximately DKK 90 billion and provides long-term investment products in 14 European countries.
We have 150 employees working at four offices throughout Europe. Even though we have evolved into an international business, our main priority is still to focus on down-to- earth Danish values with a high focus on the investors.
We offer investment in selected areas and work with a few key strategies that are thoroughly tested and have already shown their worth. Our fixed course means that you will never see us establish new products each time a new trend pops up. Our products should not be exciting just for the news value. The only purpose they serve is to obtain a profitable, risk-adjusted return for our investors.
In Denmark, Sparinvest investment products are traded primarily through commercial banks who also provide advisory services to our 120,000 private Danish investors. Globally, Sparinvest has a total of 148,000 investors.
Sparinvest S.A. has obtained marketing authorisation for the distribution of products from regulatory authorities in: Belgium, Denmark (including the Faroe Islands and Greenland), England, Finland, France, the Netherlands, Iceland, Italy, Luxembourg, Norway, Switzerland, Spain, Sweden, Germany and Austria.
As of 30 August 2019, Nykredit owns 75% of Sparinvest while the remaining 25% is owned by Danish commercial banks and insurance companies.
Sparinvest was founded by a group of savings banks in 1968 as the first mutual fund in Denmark. The mutual fund was established in the light of a need to provide clients with alternative saving products – especially products aimed at long-term savings.
From Danish investment fund to European asset management company
In 2001, Sparinvest expanded beyond Denmark and established a European subsidiary called Sparinvest S.A., whose registered office is in Luxembourg. In 1999, Sparinvest established a holding company with a broad range of shareholders and included banks, insurance companies and pension funds as co-owners. Since then, Sparinvest has evolved into an asset management company with a broad range of competencies in providing investment advice to international private and professional investors.
In August 2019, Nykredit acquired 75% of the shares in Sparinvest while the remaining 25% continue to be owned by Danish commercial banks and insurance companies.